Our Expertise in recommendation of Open source software for companies of any size.
Technology as an enabler provides tools to solve business problems. We adopt and leverage both commercial and open source technologies to solve business problems. Collaborating with the open source community enables us to provide and create a unique value proposition by:
- Clearing up the complexities and vagaries of licensing terms associated with open source/free source.
Addressing FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) concerns surrounding open source/free software adoption and how best to leverage these resources.
- Integration points utilizing open source and commercial systems, frameworks, and libraries.
- ROI based ownership/Intellectual Property (IP) of the solution built on a combination of both commercial and open source components.
Open source is to IT as generic brands are to pharmacology. In that realm, the large companies have more money to spend on research, marketi ng, implementation, and quality control. But the generics sell for less, while essentially doing the same thing.
- Whether you want to use generics or not is your business.
- Whether you want to use open source is our business, and here’s why: open source software can do 80% of what brand-name software can do, at a much lower cost.
- Most of our customers are small-to-medium-sized businesses. They don’t need all the features the higher-priced applications have.
- If you, as a small or medium-sized business buy a high-priced application, it’s not cost-effective, when compared to open source. We can make open source work for you just as well.
- Part of our job is to make sure people who do business with us make the best possible decisions, not just in terms of IT, but also financially. That’s why we consider the business aspect whenever discussing projects with our clients.
We don’t know anyone else who does this.